Are We Living God's Will?



Tonight could have gone to my search for peace. For months, I've wondered about how unwise it might be to walk from work at church to the sanctuary of another church, for Wednesday evening services.

But struggles prevented me from dwelling on the thought. Struggles prevented even prayers about it. So I've wondered whether God has been trying to lead to elsewhere, and I've gradually felt like I'm finding the way.

Meanwhile, it's posts like this that sometimes take the place of Wednesday night Bible studies at church. And, while I know this isn't as should be, I'm thankful I can make posts like these, as Paul was led to write sermons while in prisons, and as MLK did, also - for a reason, and not notoriety.

I'm writing tonight, because I'm not struggling as usual, and because I feel like serious problems have a fighting chance at leaving us, if I say a few brief words while I'm able to.

What I want to say comes from Bible studies at home. But I'm Heaven bound in believing these Bible-study thoughts are puzzle pieces put in place by the Lord.

Because we're living at a time when so much hell in people's hearts is raging and expressing itself through songs and assaults that hate God, I feel like I need to say the Bible is not racist. It's God's word. And some of His word is about mistakes people made long ago, learning to live the hard way.

I also need to say it isn't true that the ancient Hebrew people were Caucasian. I believe people of Hebrew heritage intermarried over the many centuries after Jesus' crucifixion scattered them like lost sheep.

The Hebrew people scattered to many parts of what we know today as Europe, and their appearance did change. And anyone of African decent  who may have escaped Egypt with the ancient Israelites were probably not numerous enough to marry and leave a legacy of a clearly black presence among the Israelites. Many of the few likely intermarried and left ethnically obscure children; and many died in warfare.

But we know Cushite (African) people were among the Israelites even before Moses mistakenly married a Cushite woman. We know, because Isaiah prophesied that Cush will be among peoples God will call to Israel in the very last days of life as we know life today.






Now, before anyone gets angry and says, "What does that have to do with me?": Think about the fact that when that prophecy unfolds, the church from all over the world will be in Heaven, waiting for problems in earth to end.

What the person who asks 'what about me' should be thinking is, Am I ready for Heaven one day? Because, that's important.

At the time Jesus says the sky will shake and earth will be remade, where will we all be? Where will our descendants be?

Some people of Hebrew descent will be here, to close the gates on hell. (You shouldn't take my word on that. You should study and find out yourself.)

But those people of Israel will be brave, faithful persons gathered from throughout the earth, according to that prophecy I've mentioned from Isaiah.

Isaiah 33 gives a little more clarity about that.





Meanwhile, many of us (the church) just need to live as best as God wills, and, once we're doing so, should be helping lead others.





Someone is absolutely right: The love of Jesus is everywhere. ... 
We just need to seek, find, agree, and abide.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does 'Slept with His Fathers' Mean?

In His Image

Are We on Mission?