Faith is Stronger than Politics

On Pinterest some months ago, I posted a picture of a Trump t-shirt, not because I thought wearing a Trump shirt was a good idea, but because I felt as if politics in my country almost forces the idea of allegiance to one political movement or another, without any regard for who we are as individuals and persons of faith. At that time, a Trump supporter had declared, on Twitter, that the then-president would "crush" his opponents. And I was feeling, then, like the lives and will of American citizens like me, were being crushed; so I posted that t-shirt with the thought that politics is killing us. I posted that idea on my Gone Too Soon board on Pinterest.

Unfortunately, Pinterest deleted the idea I expressed, and left the picture of the t-shirt and the Trump supporter's declaration, which made it seem as if I was some extremist. But I'm not a Trump supporter, let alone an extremist.

So, I'm saying again today, that whether through Trump or someone else, politics is harming us.





***

Post Script: Although I did vote for a presidential ticket, I wasn't any candidate's supporter during the mad race for the White House in 2020. Yet, when it came to the impeachment hearings in 2021, I just didn't want a national precedent of people scheming and staging an insurrection in order to unseat a president or an elected official. I knew the former president was responsible for more than a few wrongs while in office, but I felt that, in the end, he'd gotten caught up in a scheme that was not his doing, so I prayed very much that the impeachment trial wouldn't end in a poor precedent, and that the former president would learn something in Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does 'Slept with His Fathers' Mean?

In His Image

Are We on Mission?