A Poem and an Evil Report

There is a way of understanding that's worse than atheism. It's called the occult. And it hates everything the love of Jesus is, and wants to make that love over in its own image (Matthew 24:15).

It wants even the Sabbath, which is Sunday for many people, to be sick, vile, filthy, beastly.

On some Sabbaths, it wakes up thinking of everything except the love of Jesus.

It wakes up thinking things like
  • How can I make this person's living a waste?
  • How can I rearrange this face?
  • How can I batter down and rape?
  • How can I make everything about this soul seem untrue and unsaved?
  • How can I turn all things of faith in this life, even the blood of Christ, into a horror and an undertaking in uncleanness?
  • How can I demonstrate that not even the vilest of filth stops the most evil of assailants?
  • How can I make this life like the hell in my heart?

Jesus, deliver us from evil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does 'Slept with His Fathers' Mean?

In His Image

Are We on Mission?