Walking a Lighted Path

As Christians, we sometimes used to say we're "walking in Jesus." One faith-based documentary is called Walking the Bible. ... For a long time, I've been walking in Jesus, working in His word. I haven't been a "worker of iniquity." I haven't been sowing in an evil way, but in truth. I've been working in Christ.

I've been faithful.

And today, by faith, I'm beginning a new part of a day-to-day journey. By faith, I'm making this first Our Lighted Path post, not only with purpose in heart but (unlike blogs that have served as personal journals, and as ministries, that I've worked on from a place of struggle and deeply-held devotion) to now try to market a little.

For this blog, I mean to search a little for a sponsor, or two, or three. I formerly worked as a writer/editor of publications, but life's journey brought me home to help. And, for a number of years in Christ, I've obediently kept house with concern for my and my elders' wellness, faith, security, and peace.

I've been like a nanny (kind of), a home gardener (frequently sabotaged), and cleaner-upper (mostly in answer to daily vandalism by neighbors!).

But, now, by faith, I've decided to find a sponsor for some of my God thoughts, something I have not wanted to do in years past because of feelings of devotion, and, moreover, because of unfathomable evil: the worst of life's circumstances in my and my family's own life.

Still, today, I've found courage and reason in Christ to launch this space as a different kind of Christian travel blog, a space I can develop for you and me to be encouraged by, and then excerpt from for print by a sponsor — if a publisher would allow me to put together a printed faith section each week, based on the questions and answers, life lessons, and other faith thoughts I'll gather and post here.

The idea, with this blog, is to
  • share scriptures that have helped me recognize why I've felt the next prospective step on life's journey may be a good step or a not so good step;
  • explore churches, in search of that safe and blessed fold where I belong;
  • also find my way in Christ through lending interest to missional projects, and through visiting church conferences, retreats, and garden, special needs and homeschool programs;
  • take part in meals, sometimes, in church- and temple-based kitchens;
  • look at agricultural trends from a faith perspective, even asking why some Christians may be leaving farming and gardening;
  • listen to vendors and other faithful folk along life's actual roadsides, and at faith-based events, to find out what's motivating or leading them along life's way;
  • talk with pastors and other ministers, university and college teachers and scholars, book-club members and others, to explore historic questions, current events, and topics from simple book reviews and documentaries to Heaven's own word.
I want the result to be a path clearly lighted by the truth of our faith in Christ.

I'd like to know what seniors are thinking.

I'd also like to feature survivor or healing stories in Jesus, including any I may find among my own family roots. ... I hope to do this work for at least two years.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8rNJNUjxp8
Why do we call it "service" when we go to church to sit and hear from Heaven?
It's service because Heaven tells us, through the Bible, that simply coming together to worship in purity as the body of Christ is our "reasonable service." (Romans 12:1, and so on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7kaBUCnTqw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does 'Slept with His Fathers' Mean?

In His Image

Are We on Mission?